[Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestion for a change in GrMixer

From: Matthew Hall
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestion for a change in GrMixer
Date: 26 Mar 2004 16:48:38 -0600

Hello:
Looking at the source for GrMixer.h, I see that the output is mixed with
a sine wave. To paraphrase:
output[oo] = gain*input[oo]*nco.sin();

However, mixing with a 0-frequency wave should (arguably) leave the
signal unchanged, except for the gain. Using nco.sin() here produces
null output.

I know it's not an earth-shattering flaw, but I'd much rather see
nco.cos() used instead, so I don't have to special case for when the
mixing frequency is 0. Is there any objection to changing this?

-matt

p.s. I know, eventually I might want to special case out the
zero-frequency case to save some cycles, but during prototyping, it's
just a pain.

--
// Matthew Hall, Visualization Software Developer
// National Center for Supercomputing Applications