[Discuss-gnuradio] MAX2827

From: Saber B
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MAX2827
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:16:10 -0700 (PDT)

I am thinking of using the MAX2827 from the maxim-ic folks for my software wireless lan design. The plan is to interface the I & Q lines to the AD6645 and bit-bang on a computer port. Has anyone used their MAX2827 evaluation kit before? I need to know if this is a good investment before sinking $400.
Does anyone know of any other cheaper 802.11b/a front end alternatives that I can use? Right now the MAX2827 evaluation kit looks like the best solution because it saves me considerable time spent on hardware design. I am open to suggestions.

Saber B.

Do you Yahoo!?