Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:50:53 -0700

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 01:03:13AM -0700, Imran Akbar wrote:
> Hi,
>       I'm an undergrad at stanford who had the privilege of seeing matt
>       give a talk at our ham radio club meeting.  I have a few questions:
>
> how does one connect an antenna to a sound card?

You'll need some kind of an RF downconverter / upconverter to convert
from RF to baseband audio.  Perhaps Gerald Youngblood's SDR-1000?
http://www.flex-radio.com

> where can you get a microtune cable tuner from?

I've got a few 4702's left.  Send $6 cash, money order or check along
with your mailing address to:

     Eric Blossom
     216 Lemmon Dr., Suite 332
     Reno, NV 89506

and I'll send you one.  Note that these are relatively wide bandwidth
downconverters: 8 MHz IF centered at 36.00 MHz.  You'll need a high speed
A/D to use them.  You can find the data sheet and example schematics
at http://comsec.com/4702

> which usb chipset is being used on the USRP?

The Cypress FX2 (CY7C68013)

Eric