[Discuss-gnuradio] wiki spammer controls

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] wiki spammer controls
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:26:24 -0700

I've just put in place some rather heavy handed controls to try to
kill the wiki spamming.  If you find that you're blocked from the wiki
and you're not a spammer, send me a note with your domain name and IP
address.

FWIW, there seem to be at least two classes of wiki spammers:
(1) the somewhat subtle and (2) the blatant page smashers.

The "somewhat subtle" folks seem to prefer inserting their links
in [brackets], so that everything still looks OK.  Some of them
appear to have a human involved in the editing.  I'd guess they're
trying to improve search engine placement.  The blatant page
smashers rewrite the entire page with their product pitch.

Eric