Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Production LTC1746 / USRP daughterboards

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Production LTC1746 / USRP daughterboards
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:37:11 -0700

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 06:12:06PM -0600, Dan Gisselquist wrote:
> Dave,
> The USRP (if I understand from the website correctly) has locations on
> it for four daughterboards, each of which are distinct and separate
> from the USRP.  Buying a USRP gets you nowhere without the daughter
> board.  Although the web site lists how to make such a daughter board,
> I'm a software guy not a hardware guy.  I'd rather purchase if
> possible.  (In addition, the web site says nothing about how to get a
> USRP in the first place ... one fundamental difficulty for a guy like
> me ...)

Speaking from the USRP side of the house:

Yes, we understand that you'll need an RF daughterboard.  That's why
we're building them.  The first ones that will be ready are an RX only
d'board the covers from 50 MHz to about 800 MHz, and a transceiver
d'board (transmit and receive) that covers the 70cm amateur band (420
MHz to 450 MHz).  We'll be taking orders next month for the USRP and
the daughterboards.  We'll post a link as soon as it is ready.

Eric