[Discuss-gnuradio] swig con't

From: Robert J. Snell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] swig con't
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:17:16 -0500

Hi all,

I am kind of new to all this so excuse the question.  Chris pointed me
to a source for the swig-1.3.23-1.i386.rpm which was great, however, I
find myself a little confused about how to proceed.

When I try to update swig:
address@hidden ~]$ rpm -U swig-1.3.23-2.i386.rpm --test
error: Failed dependencies:
        libswigpl.so.0 is needed by (installed) subversion-
perl-1.1.1-1.1.i386
        libswigpy.so.0 is needed by (installed)
subversion-1.1.1-1.1.i386

I figured, no problem, I will upgrade subversion-perl and subversion
(whatever they are).  But when I try to upgrade them:
error: Failed dependencies:
        libdb-4.3.so is needed by subversion-1.1.1-4.i386
        subversion = 1.1.1-1.1 is needed by (installed) subversion-
perl-1.1.1-1.1.i386
        subversion = 1.1.1-1.1 is needed by (installed) subversion-
devel-1.1.1-1.1.i386
        subversion = 1.1.1-1.1 is needed by (installed)
mod_dav_svn-1.1.1-1.1.i386

Now, I assume if I were to figure out where I could get libdb-4.3.so,
subversion-devel-1.1.1-1.1.i386, and mod_dav_svn-1.1.1-1.1.i386 but I
bet they will have failed dependencies as well.  I have a feeling that
rpm is supposed to solve these dependency problems and that I just don't
understand how to use it properly.  Am I missing something?

Is there some nifty rpm way to figure out everything that needs to be
installed and in what order with one rpm fu master command?

Cheers,
Rob