[Discuss-gnuradio] New USRP apps

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] New USRP apps
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:24:42 -0800

I've just added two new apps to the usrp1 directory in gnuradio-examples.

The first (wfm_rcv_gui.py) does wideband FM with a GUI for FFT display, and the
second (am_rcv.py) does the same for broadcast AM.

The really neat thing about these is that you don't need a downconverter,
amplifier, or filters to listen to strong stations.  I just stuck a piece of
wire on the BasicRX daughterboard antenna connector, and I can listen to a
bunch of local AM and FM radio stations.

Matt