[Discuss-gnuradio] Errors building 2.3 on Fedora Core3

From: Meenal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Errors building 2.3 on Fedora Core3
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:44:34 -0600

I have a few issues with building GNURadio 2.3 on FC3.
1. Build from cvs fails in gnuradio-core-2.3. The details are in another email to the list.
2. I decided to try the build with tarballs. I have successfully built
gnuradio-core, gnuradio-examples and gr-audio-oss.
 I can build mc4020 successfully, but I do not see mc4020 with cat
/proc/devices. Also mc4020 README requires modification to
/etc/modules.conf. This file does not exist in FC3 . On searching I found
that /etc/modprobe.conf is the equivalent file. Anybody using FC3 know if
this is correct?  Eric said somewhere on the mailing list that there
are issues with mc4020 on 2.6 kernel. The kernel for FC3 is 2.6.9-1.667.
Eric you mentioned that you have a patch for this. Could you email it to
me please or let me know from where I can download it?
Thanks
Meenal