[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp wfm problem

From: mj
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp wfm problem
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:27:00 -0800 (PST)

> >also... '31.3e6' is Radio2 here in the UK on
> 89.8MHz.
> >Is there an easy way to convert ddc into the actual
> >freq?
> >
> The freq is tuned to 5.75Mhz, so you might be
> getting
>
> 89.8 - 64 + 5.75 = 31.55 ?
>
> 64 Mhz is the usrp sample freq. 5.75 is the IF freq
> the script tunes to.

The file I used to grab the Radio2 signal (89.8Mhz)
with was ursp_rx_cfile.py (no 5.75Mhz IF mentioned)
with decim=200, dcc-freq=31.3e6. The wfm_rcv_file.py
was used to recover the audio from the generated dat
file easily.

Now, with wfm_rcv.py working and set to the same
settings as usrp_rx_cfile.py I cannot recover the
audio. I can still see the waveform in usrp_fft.py so
it is still there.

Am i missing something obvious?

Also, the max ddc for usrp_fft.py is 32e6 so i'm
assuming the maximum usrp rf frequency is 32Mhz??? and
the Radio2 wfm reception i'm receiving is some
harmonic. With the standard daughterboard how can i
receive 433MHz for example?

thanks

=====
mj - m0mik