Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using daughterboard IO pins

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using daughterboard IO pins
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:08:11 -0800

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 08:17:23PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Gang - Is there a trick to using the IO pins? I tried this:
>
> sink = usrp.sink_c(0,64)
> sink.read_io(0)
>
>  and it hangs up. Trying:
>
> sink.write_io(0,0xffff)
>
> gets a segfault and python bails out. Same thing with
>
> sink._write_oe(0,0xffff,0xffff)
>
> - segfault.

This bug is fixed in gr-usrp CVS.

Note that _write_oe (0, 0xffff, 0xffff) make them all outputs from the
FPGA to the d'board headers.

They're configured as inputs by default.

> I need someway to read a morse code key 8^)

I'm not sure how quickly you'll be able to poll these bits from the
host.  Let me know how it goes.

> From what I can tell the basic Rx/Tx d'boards just have pin headers
> for IO so playing with sink._write_oe() shouldn't hurt anything.

You are correct.
The leading underscore is to have people think twice.
You passed the test ;-)

Eric