[Discuss-gnuradio] Need Help w/ install on FC3

From: John k2ox
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need Help w/ install on FC3
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:08:33 -0500

Hello All,

I need your help.  I'm a nube to Linux and have been trying for two
weeks to get the radio core installed.  FC3 installs Python
in /usr/lib/... instead of /usr/local/lib.  I've tried installing a
version in /usr/local/..  but the RPM manager didn't like that so I
removed the default version and that wrecked the system.  Anyway, I've
recovered from that, but still can't get the core installed.

I've set PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages.  Now the build
can't find python include.  See attached file.

My interests are to use GNURadio to eliminate/reduce interference to SSB
narrowband signals from DSB AM. I'd also like to correlate adjacent
channel signals with in-channel interference and eliminate it.  I
purchased David Carr's hardware(SSRP) to do this and I'm anxious to get
started.

Another application suited for the USRP is to connected three receive
channels to three orthangonal HF dipoles to calculate/display realtime
polarization on the Poincare Sphere.

Looking forward to contributing.  Please help.

John