Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the examples

From: Dawei Shen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the examples
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:58:05 -0500

Hi, Eric

Thank you very much, I have received the FM signal and run many other examples
successfully. It's really good, thanks to your excellent work on GNURadio.

I have something that needs your help and suggestion urgently. Now our group
wants to use the GNU Radio to do some more sophisticated work, so a good RF end
would be necessary for recving and trans. So I want to buy a set of components
to construct a good RF end. However, I really know little about the hardware
side, so can you offer me any suggestions?

1. What components do I need? Is there any figure showing the best
configuration? My short term goal is to receive FM signals with good quality
and let the GNURadio talk with motes, which are working in 433MHz. My
understanding is  antennas, mixers, LNA,IQ modulator/demodulator should be
needed. Could you help me make it clearer? If possible, please also advise me
the working frequency of them.
2. Do you have any recommendations? Is there any board or equipment can combine
all the stuffs together?

Many questions again, hope you won't feel bored. Thank you very much, I hope I
can get things done as quickly as possible.

Best Regards

Dawei