Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fresh NTSC samples needed

From: mgray
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fresh NTSC samples needed
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:24:16 -0700 (MST)

I've just posted a wide variety of NTSC captures from a signal generator.
Included are black (sync only), SMPTE color bars, solid color raster (red,
green, and blue), ramps, and a cross hatch pattern.  Each also includes
the sound carrier with a 1KHz test tone.

http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_ota.html

Also a utility for capturing USRP signal to a file:

http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_software.html

The RF output of the signal generator was used (channel 4) and down
converted to 10.7MHz for processing by the USRP.  The generator output is
an AM DSB signal, where as OTA NTSC signals are VSB where the lower side
band is supressed 1.25 MHz below the video carrier.  This shouldn't effect
the demodulator as I would guess it is a standard AM demodulator and
doesn't so any kind of LSB filtering (matched filtering).

Enjoy....