[Discuss-gnuradio] Affordable A/D board available soon

From: Will Ware
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Affordable A/D board available soon
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:57:45 +0000

I am working on a low-cost A/D board that samples at 24 MSPS with 12
bits of resolution and expect to have ten boards ready by the end of
April. There is information about it at
http://comsec.com/wiki?N1ibtSoftwareRadioBoard. I wanted to let people
on this list know about it for a couple of reasons. One, I'm hoping to
have it ready soon enough that it might be of some legal use in
combatting the broadcast flag ruling. Two, the hardware is coming
along fine, but given how quickly July 1st is coming, I may want to
ask for help with programming the FX2, the FPGA, and any tweaks that
may be necessary in GNU Radio itself.

I'm aiming to make this board cost about $100 to keep it affordable
for students, and the schematic and Gerber files are posted online
(though I haven't yet built and tested the board). It's a two-layer
board, designed with Eagle Light, using a 100-pin FX2, a Xilinx
Spartan-3 FPGA, and a AD9225 ADC. The initial run will be ten boards,
and I'll be happy to lend or sell them to people willing to assist
with firmware/software development, particularly in the Boston area.

Thanks,
Will Ware