Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx

From: Suvda Myagmar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:01:11 -0500

>> ImportError: No module named wx

>The lowest version of wxPython that we support is 2.5.2.7

>wx is the main wxPython module in 2.5

I also got USRP hardware recently and installed the latest baseline and gnuradio packages to test the HW. When I ran an example this is what I got:

$ ./usrp_oscope.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "usrp_oscope.py", line 26, in ?
    from gnuradio.wxgui import stdgui, fftsink, scopesink
File "/home/myagmar/gr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/stdgui.py", line 24, in ?
    import wx
ImportError: No module named wx

I installed the following baseline:
fftw 3.0.1
swig 1.3.24
cppunit 1.10.2
sdcc 2.4.0
xerces 2.6.0
wxPython 2.5.5.1
Numeric 23.8
numarray 1.2.3
octave 2.1.69

I was supposed to also install 0ctave-forge 2004.11.16, but got error during configuration:

$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/gr
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for mkoctfile... mkoctfile
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wid-clash-31"
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++ cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wnested-externs" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++ cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
cc1plus: warning: switch "-fnonnull-objects" is no longer supported
configure: error: Could not run mkoctfile

I figured I might not need this library, so didn't persue further.

Another thing that might give a clue to my trouble is while building cvs gnuradio-core make check failed:

$ make check
ERROR: test_gru_import (__main__.test_head)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_kludged_imports.py", line 39, in test_gru_import
    from gnuradio import gru
  File
"/home/myagmar/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gru/__init__.py",
line 37, in ?
    exec "from gnuradio.gruimpl.%s import *" % (f,)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/home/myagmar/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gruimpl/freqz.py",
line 57, in ?
    import Numeric
ImportError: No module named Numeric
Ran 2 tests in 0.137s