Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using "-B" ports on daughter cards

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using "-B" ports on daughter cards
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:17:09 -0700

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:13:33PM -0400, Rahul Dhar wrote:
> I think this has been discussed before, but I can't find emails.
> Apologies for asking again, if so.
>
> Is there a way to use the Tx-B and Rx-B ports on the Tx and Rx daughter
> cards?  If so, can they be used to send/receive different streams of
> data?
>
> I'd like to be able to send data from Tx-A to Rx-A, and from Tx-B to
> Rx-B.

Yes, they can be used to send different streams of data.  The current
constraints are that both Rx paths must share the same decimation factor
and that both Tx paths must shared the same interpolation factor.

Take a look at gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/wfm_rcv_many.py.
It receives two channels from the usrp.  In your case, you just need
to set the mux value to get what you want.

Take a look at usrp/host/lib/usrp_standard.h for docs on setting the
Tx and Rx mux values and the nchannels parameter.

Eric