Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module named wx
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:47:51 -0700

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:01:11PM -0500, Suvda Myagmar wrote:
> >> ImportError: No module named wx
>
> >The lowest version of wxPython that we support is 2.5.2.7
>
> >wx is the main wxPython module in 2.5
>
> I also got USRP hardware recently and installed the latest
> baseline and gnuradio packages to test the HW. When I ran an
> example this is what I got:
>
> $ ./usrp_oscope.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "usrp_oscope.py", line 26, in ?
>     from gnuradio.wxgui import stdgui, fftsink, scopesink
>   File
> "/home/myagmar/gr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/stdgui.py",
> line 24, in ?
>     import wx
> ImportError: No module named wx
>
> I installed the following baseline:
> fftw 3.0.1
> swig 1.3.24
> cppunit 1.10.2
> sdcc 2.4.0
> xerces 2.6.0
> wxPython 2.5.5.1
> Numeric 23.8
> numarray 1.2.3
> octave 2.1.69

My guess is that your PYTHONPATH environment variable doesn't include
the directory tree where you installed wx.

A typical value is

  PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages"

Same for the error about not finding Numeric.

> I was supposed to also install 0ctave-forge 2004.11.16, but
> got error during configuration:

OK.  It's not something that we require...  ask on their list ;-)

Eric