[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: eye diagram

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: eye diagram
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:04:06 -0700

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:59:54PM +0000, Deqiang chen wrote:

> >From: Eric Blossom <address@hidden>
> >To: Deqiang chen <address@hidden>
> >CC: address@hidden
> >Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: FSK now (really) working at 100kbit/sec
> >Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:52:54 -0700
> >
> >On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 07:38:32PM +0000, Deqiang chen wrote:
> >> Thanks, guys!
> >> Now I have another problem about how to use split the dat stream.
> >> I would like to split a data stream, put it into parallel streams and
> >> show these streams on
> >> screen. Note that I would like to show these data streams together in
> >> a single window.
> >> Could any one give me a hint about how I could do that ?
> >
> >I'm not sure what you mean by "split the data stream".
> >Can you please elaborate?
> >
> sure.
> suppose the input data stream is x
> To produce an eye diagram, I need to draw the vector x[0: N] on the window,
> then draw x[N+1, 2N], x[2N+1,3N], etc. Note when I am plotting the current
> vector, I must not erase the previous plot in the window.
> I think one way to do this is to split the dat stream x into parallel
> streams
> x_1, x_2, x_3, ...,   and connect these  parallel streams with one single
> display window.
>
> thanks for the reply!

The easiest way to plot an eye diagram would be to create a new eye
diagram sink.  The plot widget that we're using behind the scenes is
pretty straight forward to use.  I'd suggest taking a look at
gr-wxgui/src/python/scopesink.py as a starting point.  It's got a
bunch of extra GUI knobs that you might not need.  Take a look at the
format_data function.  That's where the actual lines to be drawn are
created.

The plot widget has decent inline docs.  See gr-wxgui/src/python/plot.py.

Eric