Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Send parameters to the FPGA

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Send parameters to the FPGA
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:38:11 -0700

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 05:41:33PM +1000, Damien B. wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I need for my project (channel simulator) to send parameters to the FPGA.
>
> This issue was raised in this mail:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2005-03/msg00127.html
>
> Is it possible to send parameter to the 'serial_io' module from Python code?
> Here speed is not a problem.
>
> When i'm displaying : dir(usrp.usrp_prims) in python i got some
> intersting names coming but i didn't manage to use them...
> [ ... 'usrp_read_fpga_reg', ... 'usrp_write_fpga_reg']

Generally speaking you want to be using the usrp, not usrp_prims
interface.

> Maybe there is an easy way to write the d'board i/o pins?

How about write_io?

  /*!
   * \brief Write daughterboard i/o pin value
   *
   * \param which_dboard        [0,1] which d'board
   * \param value               value to write into register
   * \param mask                which bits of value to write into reg
   */
  bool write_io (int which_dboard, int value, int mask);

FYI, the Python interface to the usrp is defined in
gr-usrp/src/usrp1.i

Eric