Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Prof. Moglen's speech at linux.conf.au

From: Bdale Garbee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Prof. Moglen's speech at linux.conf.au
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:05:36 -0600

address@hidden (Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan) writes:

> There is an article (only for paid readers at the moment) on Prof Moglen's
> speech at linux.conf.au. Here is a quote on SDR situation in Japan.

This came in response to a question from the audience from someone who had
attended the talk I gave on SDR and gnuradio at the embedded Linux miniconf
prior to LCA.  Thanks to Eric for the slide set, which I updated with hardware
photos and a few of my own observations (will get that out where others can
see it sometime soon, too busy today).  My talk was very well received.

In fact, after Eben's keynote and this discussion in the Q&A, someone suggested
to the organizers that I should give the talk again as one of the three "best
of" repeats on the afternoon of the last day, and they agreed.  So I gave the
talk again to a much larger (but less focussed/intimate) audience just before
the closing session, hopefully raising the awareness of many LCA attendees to
what SDR is all about and what some of the issues are.

I believe audio and video of at least some of the LCA talks will show up on
the web in a few weeks.

Bdale