Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB 1 for USRP

From: Adam Israel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB 1 for USRP
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:46:39 -0400

I've been on the list all of an hour, so I'll comment based on what I've read but don't take my word for it.

In terms of physical ports a USB hub would solve that issue. However, there may be a bandwidth issue since you're still only able to receive the equivalent of a single USB port.

I hope I didn't totally botch that, but if I did I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me.

-Adam

Suvda Myagmar wrote:

Dear gnuradio community,

I have USRP hardware and related software all set up on my Dell laptop with FC2. My reception of AM/FM stations is still very noisy despite trying out with various antennas. The last I tried with amplified antenna (10 db). Still looking for better solution...

I wanted to setup my 2nd USRP hardware on ThinkPad A31p with FC3. All software packages are set up. But found out that this machine has only USB 1 ports; USRP works only with USB 2. Without swithing machines, what can I do?

Thanks
-suvda