Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrper fails in usb_claim_interface

From: James Cooley
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrper fails in usb_claim_interface
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:51:40 -0400

THAT is exactly it. I think I have a scenario where it happens:

You've done some stuff with usrp so that it and daughter card gets loaded up. You finish up, exit, rip out the power cable, plug in the power again and the usrp USB gets re-registered. Then, (with the verbose flag turned on) I see that the usrp and daughter card think the firmware is already loaded. Yes, even though I just ripped the power cable out for 30 seconds. Maybe the RAM that holds the valid flag is randomly corrupt or something as things are powered up? Maybe the randomness differs as the usrp has been used for a while and heats up?

In any case, a quick force reload does the trick.
> usrper load_standard_bits

-j