[Discuss-gnuradio] remote sensing

From: Kenneth Ng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] remote sensing
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 14:50:05 -0400

I'm not sure if this would be off topic or not, but has anyone ever
tried using GNU-Radio for remote sensing applications?  I am curious
about using it to process data from an array of receivers to process
echo returns coming from a sound or radio impulse.  I would like to
use radio to be able to look into walls, but would settle for using
sound impluses at first.  I'm hoping that every time sound penetrates
something of a different density that there will be a small
backscatter echo similar to what happens in backscatter radar.  Use
GNU-Radio to ferret out the various echos from the various
transmitter/receiver pairs, and then figure out where an object whould
need to be to create those echos.

Am I making any sense?  Am I in the right group?  Anyone else do
anything like this?