Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Never mind (tvrx)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Never mind (tvrx)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:15:28 -0700

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:19:17PM -0400, Robert W McGwier wrote:
> There does appear to be a problem in tvrx_wfm and tvrx_nbfm and it has
> do with setting the usrp mux.  I ran
>
> ./tvrx_wfm_rcv_gui.py 93.85
>
> and it bombs in the source call since my default source is set
> which_side = 0
>
> 0xf0f0f0f0 is the default in this debug script and it blows when
> passing the default.

What do you mean "it blows"?

tvrx_wfm_rcv_gui.py works for me.  FWIW, I've got which_side = 1.

> In tvrx_debug.py, I accidentally set -m 0 and it took this without
> blowing.

I'm not sure what tvrx_debug is supposed to do, so I can't really
comment.

> In tvrx_wfm_rcv.py I have following call when I use -mux 0
>
>            src = usrp.source_c (0, decim, 1, 0xf0f0f0f0, 0)
>
> This was replaced with
>
> usrp.source_c (0,decim,1,0,0)
>
> and it runs.   It appears to me from looking at gr-usrp that we no
> longer  take the mux bits for this but the "which board" as in 0,1 in the
> code gr-usrp/src/usrp?_source.cc
>
> Did I get this straight or am I missing something else?

I think you're missing something.

The constructor still accepts the mux argument.  Nothing has changed
there.  The tvrx_wfm_rcv.py code should really probe for the tvrx
d'board and set which_side automatically, but absent that, it should
accept a --which argument.

Eric