Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build from CVS fails, tarball succeeds, at _gnura

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build from CVS fails, tarball succeeds, at _gnuradio_swig_python.la
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:10:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Eric Blossom wrote:
I suspect that they are undefined in gnuradio_swig_python.o
When you nm | grep do the lines start with a "T" or a "U" ?

I'm not at the lab now but I'm pretty sure it was "U".

Please try removing the -no-undefined flag in
gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig/Makefile.am and let me know it that fixes
the problem.

I'll try it Monday.

What I've noticed is that on some systems, there is a libpython<X.Y>
library that contains the symbols that you are seeing as undefined.
The new autoconf code apparently didn't find the library on your
system.  It could be trying the wrong name, path, etc.

Aha, so that new warning from configure about not finding the python library path was NOT a bluff!

On OS/X, is there a program that will tell you what shared libraries a
program depends on / is linked against?  On linux it's called "ldd"
That might give us a way to locate the missing library.

I have a document from the Apple Mac Developer site called something like "Porting Unix applications to OS X". I recall a section there explaining how shared libraries are handled differently --- the whole .dylib vs. .so issue -- which I didn't understand at the time but will now revisit.

Jon Jacky