[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP News -- May 2005

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP News -- May 2005
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:20:37 -0700

Just a quick update on the USRP daughterboards, upcoming conferences,
and interest groups.

Daughterboards

The 400 MHz, 900 MHz, 1.2 GHz, and 2.4 GHz daughterboards have been
delayed due to some phase noise issues which need to be resolved before
we are ready to go into production.  Our current best estimate is July.
 We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

The 800-2400 MHz receive-only board is in final characterization now,
and should be going on sale soon.  Look for the upcoming announcement.

Conferences and Shows

Dayton Hamvention -- The USRP and GNU Radio will be at the Dayton
Hamvention.  Come see us at the TAPR booth, where we will be doing
demos.  Eric Blossom will be giving a talk at one of the TAPR sessions also.

        http://www.hamvention.org

Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers -- We will be showing the USRP at
the SARA 2005 conference at NRAO-Greenbank.  Hopefully, we'll also have
a speaking session.

        http://www.qsl.net/SARA/

We will be giving a talk and demo at AM-Tech Day on June 4th, probably
around 2PM.  This is a very fun event, held at the Stanford Linear
Accelerator (SLAC) in Palo Alto, CA

        http://www.fars.k6ya.org/events/amtechday

Interest Groups

A number of universities are using the USRP in classrooms and labs for
teaching things like signals and systems, DSP, and communication
systems.  Several have mentioned that they would like to be connected
with others developing curricula around the USRP.  If you are interested
in this, please drop us a mail.

Matt Ettus