Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:49:28 -0700

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 01:48:54PM -0400, Ilia Mirkin wrote:

> Additionally, I don't think the USRP can provide 16MS/s real baseband.
> It can do 16MS/s complex, but that was more than USB could do in my
> case, hence the shenanigans below... 32MB/s was just a little over what
> I was able to get in the speed tests.

With a decent host controller you can sustain 32MB/sec.  Using 16 bit
samples 16MS/s real would fit in 32MB/sec.

> > There are at least three independent existence proofs that the old
> > code works.  Me, John Gilmore and the folks at UIUC.  A bit of
> > searching through the archives and/or google will turn up links.
>
> Right -- but if I were to port the code to current cvs, I would have no
> way of telling if my ported code worked (without having other people
> test it, and I guess I wasn't interested enough...)

There's a transmitter in there too...

We bootstrapped the system by building a transmitter and a receiver at
the same time.  We tested by looping back the partially built
transmitter with the correponding part of the partially built
receiver.  When the first block of each was working, we moved on and
added the next block in the chain to each.  This is the same technique
I would suggest with the port to 2.x.

Eric