[Discuss-gnuradio] Build problems resolved, now trying to run programs..

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build problems resolved, now trying to run programs...
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:25:46 -0400

Thanks to Eric's tips, and Ramakrishnan's pointer to the wxpython debs,
I have a successful build and my laptop seems to be talking to the USRP.

I'm now running into what I hope is a simple error: any attempt to run
the examples in the gnuradio-examples/usrp directory results in:

flob:/home/jra/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp#
./tvrx_debug.py
./tvrx_debug.py:46: FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will
return positive values in Python 2.4 and up
  parser.add_option ("-m", "--mux", type="intx", default=0xf0f0f0f0,
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./tvrx_debug.py", line 27, in ?
    from gnuradio.wxgui import stdgui, fftsink, scopesink, slider
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/fftsink.py",
line133, in ?
    EVT_DATA_EVENT = wx.PyEventBinder (myDATA_EVENT, 0)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PyEventBinder'

I suspect I'm still missing some bit of wxpython, but am not sure what...

But anyway, this is significant progress from where I was a couple of
hours ago.  Thanks for all the help.

John