Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with CVS

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with CVS
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:56:49 -0700

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 06:59:51PM -0400, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> I think there may be a problem with the upload Eric did earlier.  After
> doing a CVS update and for-all-dirs make clean and make install, I'm
> getting this set of errors in gr-audio-alsa:

Hi John,

I just tried building from a scratch with a fresh CVS checkout using
the technique described at http://comsec.com/wiki?HowtoBuildFromCVS

It worked fine for me.  The .i files were checked out as expected and
installed when building gnuradio-core.

If you aren't using

  ./for-all-dirs ../buildit

you must ensure that the directories are built in a valid order.

Here is a valid order:

  address@hidden gr-build]$ ./for-all-dirs
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-core
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/mc4020
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/usrp
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-alsa
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-oss
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-mc4020
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-usrp
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-wxgui
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-examples
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
  >>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-howto-write-a-block

[mc4020 and gr-mc4020 are optional.]

Eric