Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interpolation Issues

From: Prateek Dayal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interpolation Issues
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 01:12:24 -0700

Hi,

Can you try a few things -->

1. Do not interpolate the signal right now for video ... low pass
filter it with a cutoff of some 3 Mhz and then do an AM demodulation,
extract the timing information and display the monochrome video. It
will not be very sharp but will be good enough

2. Instead of downconverting the audio carrier to the baseband, try
putting a bandpass filter around the audio carrier with a pass band of
arnd 200 kHz .. now if you take the instantaneous phase of this
signal, you will get the phase at baseband + carrier freq. component
..  this carrier freq componenet can be subtracted .... this way not
much computation should be required (by not downconverting) .. this
filtering can be IIR as envelope distortion does not matter here
probably ...

Regards

Prateek