[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/USB abstraction in gnuradio

From: Kalen Watermeyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/USB abstraction in gnuradio
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:24:16 +0200

Greetings,

I'm a masters student developing a hardware platform for simple SDR applications which is similar to the USRP in that it will stream data to a PC via USB. My boards are being manufactured and I'm drawing up a list of tests that I'll want to carry out on them (once they've been debugged).

I've managed to get gnuradio up and running on my debian box and am playing around with the code. I plan to reuse (where possible) existing code to interface with my system, specifically the USB abstraction.

Am I correct in saying that the usrp code treats the device as a stream of data entering the system via the USB connection?

Also, how feasibile would it be to re-use this code with another USB device (my own in this case)?

Many thanks
Kalen Watermeyer