Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gr_python.m4

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gr_python.m4
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:59:33 +0200

Stephane Fillod wrote:

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 05:30:02PM -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 01:04:55AM +0200, Stephane Fillod wrote:

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 05:24:59PM -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:

So, then the question becomes, "what's the easiest way to build GNU
Radio for a windows target?"

I would say natively. Since I'm a developer and not a Windows final
user, I'll be the only one doing cross-development.

I thought that most people ran MinGW under windows.  I take it that
you are running it under linux and generating windows binaries.
Perhaps a quicker path is just to make GNU Radio build under MinGW
running under windows?  Then the cross development issues go away.

I'd like, if possible, to keep the ability to cross-build MinGW under
Linux. This is very handy to check the portabilty, from the same source
tree (VPATH), without having to reboot.

OK.  Can we have these goals:

 * builds natively under MinGW
 * builds cross-compiled from x86 GNU/Linux
 * doesn't break anything else

Ok.

I think this is possible cheaply thanks to the autoconf cache and
some ac_cv_* variable overload from the configure line. I'll come up
with a config/gr_python.m4.

Thanks.
You may want to consider the distutils fragment with the replace
operation that floated across the list a couple of days ago. I haven't applied it to gr_python.m4 and will hold off pending your patch.

Don't hold off. I'm off for the week-end, so you can go ahead with it.

I am also having a look at it.
(Including code to do only the win32 stuff on win32 and to determine the exact
name of libpython24.a )
I have also a new createfilemapping that should map continuous.
If I have time I will finish and test it tomorrow and send the patches.
Otherwise it will be next week.
Greetings,
Martin