[Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP w/o Daughterboard's

From: Robitaille, Michael
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP w/o Daughterboard's
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:40:42 -0700

The project I am working is for remote sensing via an optic link.  For the
proof of concept I am using ASK (ON/OFF Keying) modulation at low data rate
and low carrier frequencies (500Hz to 2.0 KHz - Yep real low).  At a later
date it will be changed to different modulation technique and higher
frequencies to get the data rate up some.  Based on my current
specification, none of the DB would be of much use so I am trying to use the
USRP w/o daughterboard's.

Any insight/examples on how I can do this would be appreciated.

I have been looking through all the documentation (Doxygen documents, usrp
header files, examples, Dawei Shen Tutorial) to find what I need but I am
coming up short.  For instance, I can't find usage information for commands
like usrp.determine_rx_mux_value or options.rx_sugdev_spec and many more
that I have found being used in examples or mention in post on this board
(read_io).  Could someone point me to where I can find
information/headers/code for these?

The fist task that I am trying to do is make the example usrp_oscope.py and
usrp_fft.py work without the daughterboard.  First I am not sure what inputs
these use and second I need to find out some information on some of the
function they use.  The examples work but not sure how to connect the input
w/o daughter boards.

Any help in how to modify these examples and where to find the information
on all the function/header/class would be appreciated.

Mike