Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AM receiver front end

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AM receiver front end
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 12:18:05 +0530

On 11/7/05, Gituma Nturibi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for the info on the softrock board by Michael sonds like something
> that I can afford on my student budget- But the board is specified for
> 7-12Mhz. does this mean that it can receive SW broadcast or is it just for
> the amatuer bands?

You can change the VFO circuitry (the crystal and associated caps)
easily to add an external DDS instead and can tune around the whole of
HF band.

> I'm thinking of converting the Band pass to a low pass filter so that I can
> try AM- has anybody tried this and is it feasible. I would also like o know
> if anybody is willing to sell a board since they're no longer a vailable.

Softrock40 gives out I and Q, so you can do whatever you want.

> The software used Power SDR is for windows - is there anybody who has used
> it in GNU radio?

I have. See a very priliminary version of my scripts at

 http://www.hackgnu.org/gnuradio/sr40/

I will post updates soon.

--
73 - Ramakrishnan, VU3RDD