Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk error

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk error
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:16:32 -0500

 On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:24:43 -0800, Eric Blossom address@hidden wrote:
> Quick answer:
>
>   use the defaults.
>
> Involved answer:
>
> It's a Mueller and Müller (M&M) discrete-time error-tracking
synchronizer.

>  See "Digital Communication Receivers: Synchronization, Channel
> Estimation and Signal Processing" by Heinrich Meyr, Marc Moeneclaey, &
Stefan Fechtel.
>  ISBN 0-471-50275-8.

I should have seen that answere coming.  I am trying to get the book, no
luck so far.

The default values dont seem to work.

What should the data going in and out of the gr.clock_recovery_mm_ff look
like?

I see that in gmsk2.py you remove DC offset, should the signal be varying
+/-Vpeak equally?

Any requirements that the signal should be over sampled?

Is the output basically resampled at the data clock rate so that each
output point represent a bit?

Mike

http://mail2web.com/ .