Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBS Dish Feeds

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBS Dish Feeds
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 11:26:02 -0500

David I. Emery wrote:

        This is something called DiSEqC control and is documented in
various ETSI specs available on the web (you have to register an account
with ETSI to get copies)   There are several generations of this
protocol in use, all of which use superimposed 22 khz tones on the 13 or
18 volt power supply to the LNB or LNBF.

        A quick check shows that EN 61319-1 is one of the controlling
specs with several implementation levels specified.   I think I remember
there are a couple of others involved as well.

As pointed out in my previous e-mail, you can get them without registering or
 paying, from Eutelsat.

--
Marcus Leech                            Mail:   Dept 1A12, M/S: 04352P16
Security Standards Advisor        Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613 763 9145