Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk error / log files and octave

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gmsk error / log files and octave
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:15:36 -0500

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:04:07 -0800, Eric Blossom address@hidden wrote
To: address@hidden, address@hidden

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:16:32PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Probably the easiest thing is to modify gmsk_test.py and add code to
> write the signals you're interested in to files using gr.file_sink.
> That's how we debugged it.
>
>  In gmsk_test.py, make main look like this: (untested, but probably
pretty close)

>    fg = my_graph(rx_callback, options.spb, options.bt, options.snr,
options.freq_error)
>    fg.connect(fg.packet_receiver.gmsk_demod.sub,
>               gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_float, "before_clock_recovery.dat"))
>    fg.connect(fg.packet_receiver.gmsk_demod.clock_recovery,
>               gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_float, "after_clock_recovery.dat"))
>    fg.start()
>

> Then after it runs, you can read the binary log files into octave and
> display them as you like.

> In your ~/.octaverc add (modify as required for your gnuradio build
directory):

> LOADPATH=":~/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/utils";

> $ octave

This worked and I was surprized at the output of after_clock_recovery.  It
was just a resampled at the data rate and still had what I consider noise
on it.

I tried to do the same for after the packet_sink but could not get it to
work.

fg.connect(fg.packet_receiver._packet_sink,
           gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_float, "after_packet_sink.dat"))

It gave me a port number out of range message.

What is the stream output after the packet_sink?

Mike

http://mail2web.com/ .