[Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRx set_rx_freq()

From: Lee Patton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRx set_rx_freq()
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:05:13 -0500

Not exactly sure why this is, but the call to set_rx_freq() in
usrp_rx_cfile.py does not work for the DBSRX board, and should be
replaced as follows:

25c25
<     u.set_rx_freq (0, options.ddc_freq)
---
>     r = usrp.tune( u, 0, usrp.selected_subdev( u, (0,0)),
options.ddc_freq);

A cursory look at the code seems to show that usrp.tune(..) calls the
sub device's (db_dbs_rx.py's) set_freq(...) method, while the
u.set_rx_freq(...) method belongs to usrp1.py, and sets the DDC only.
Eric, is that right?

All files that call set_rx_freq() are affected.  I assume the
set_rx_freq(.) method works for other board that aren't direct
conversion, is that true?  Is this a known issue, or am I missing
something?

Thanks,
  - Lee