Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Making a new packet_sink

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Making a new packet_sink
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:34:40 -0500

Eric,

I found my problem.  I needed to use a different name for my new version of
the packet_sink function even though it was going to be in my package
group.  Call it mr_packet_sink versus the original gr_packet_sink was not
enough.  SWIG could not rename my mr_packet_sink.

The other porblem I found was that after making and installing my new
block, I needed to manually copy the files _mr.la and _mr.so to my new
block subdirectory /src/lib. Also I have added the location of my blocks to
the PYTHONPATH name.

I have made a 16 bit version of the CRC32 code.  Would you like to include
this code with the rest of gnuradio code?

If you do, please help me with the following

I have been trying to install this code with the general gnuradio core but
I have not been successful.  I get it to compile and install with the rest
of the gnuradio-core-2.6 but it does not show up when I import gr.  I have
generate gr_crc16.cc, gr_crc16.h and gr_crc16.i  in the
gnuradio-core-2.6/src/lib/general directory (just like the crc32 file). I
add added the approprite line in the Makefile.am and general.i (saw that
there was an entry here for crc32 file). Is there another location I need
to add code so that it will be available with the import gr?

Mike

http://mail2web.com/ .