Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] linux dsp development environments

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] linux dsp development environments
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:46:05 +0100

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 04:11:31PM -0500, Darrell Harmon wrote:
[..]
> I am using the Analog Devices Blackfin with GCC. The blackfin is fairly
> high end. My board has a single core at 390MHz, and there is a dual
> core part that can run 750MHz. I am not using Linux on it, but an
> developing my own RTOS which should be ready within the next month.
> The SDR board using this is still a work in progress. I should be
> building a prototype soon.

Xenomai[1], a free hard real-time OS fused with Linux is being ported
to Blackfin. It brings best of both worlds in user-space, yet let you
choose whatever skin API you like (RTAI, Posix, VxWorks, pSos, etc. ).
Xenomai used to be known as RTAI/Fusion. Xenomai rocks!

[1] http://xenomai.org

--
Stephane