Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP error

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP error
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:53:55 +0100

Arora_Amit wrote:
> Hi
>    we are working on USRP. we have installed evrything succesfully and
> run the examples in  USRP-0.8. But when we are trying to run the usrp
> examples from gnuradio-eaxmples we are getting the following error.
> Please help us as soon as possible.
Which distribution are you using?
>    we are working on USRP. we have installed evrything succesfully.

Which version of "everything" did you install and did you install from source?
The current versions are:
gnuradio-core-2.6
usrp-0.10
gr-usrp-0.6
gnuradio-examples-0.5
if you want to use the graphical examples or audio examples you also need to
install
gr-wxgui-0.4.tar.gz]
and gr-audio-oss-0.7 or gr-audio-alsa-0.3
These can all be found at http://comsec.com/wiki?GnuRadio2.X

To use the gnuradio examples with an usrp you need to install at least
gnuradio-core 2.x and usrp-0.x and gr-usrp-0.x

> ImportError: libusrp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
usrp-0.x should install libusrp.so.0 in /usr/local/lib or in /usr/lib

If you are using gnuradio-0.8 or gnuradio-0.9 you are using a very old version
which is not developed anymore. This version can not be used with
gnuradio-examples-0.5.

Greetings,
Martin