[Discuss-gnuradio] wx apt receiver

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] wx apt receiver
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:42:25 -0500

I checked in an easy modification to the wfm receiver. This should receive wx apt (weather satellite) transmisions with the usrp and the tuner. I will make use of wxtoimg for the sound to image processing.

http://www.wxtoimg.com has software for windows, linux, and mac. The gr and usrp code is

usrp_wxapt_rcv.py

and is in the examples branch.

I want to modify it later to do channel scanning. For now, it tunes manually since it is just a hack of the wfm code. After my antennas get up this week (preamp and filter) I will let you know how this goes.

Bob