Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error during "make" gr-usrp

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error during "make" gr-usrp
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:42:56 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, Elaine Garbarine wrote:

Hello all,

I'm having a problem when I attempt a make on the gr-usrp module.  I get the
following errors:
usrp0.i:26: Error: Unable to find 'gnuradio.i'

It looks like the build procedure is having trouble finding your installed gnuradio-core. Often this can be solved by defining some environment variables before you run ./configure, make, etc.

On my system, I put the installed GNU Radio under ~jon/gr and the prerequisitees under /opt/local (this is where darwinports puts them,
on other systems they are often put under /usr/local)
So I can use these definitions:

setenv  GR      $HOME/gr
setenv  PYTHONPATH      $GR/lib/python2.3/site-packages
setenv  PKG_CONFIG_PATH $GR/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
setenv  CPATH   $GR/include:/opt/local/include
setenv  LDFLAGS "-L$GR/lib -L/opt/local/lib"

I put these lines in a file called gr-defs and then in each shell (terminal window) where I build or use GNU Radio I first execute the command

% source gr-defs

On your system you may need to change the definition of GR and change
all the /opt/local to something else.

Jon Jacky