[Discuss-gnuradio] question and a couple of interesting links

From: Toby Oliver
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] question and a couple of interesting links
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:36:14 +0000

Hi,

Firstly a quick question, can anyone give me some pointers on the how to calculate the optimal parameters for the least mean squared decision feedback equalizer in Gnuradio, or is this a case of going a reading up in something like Proakis?

Secondly I came across a couple of interesting projects which might be useful to some people here (apologies if you are aware of them already): - streamit (http://cag.csail.mit.edu/streamit/) a programming language and a compilation infrastructure from MIT which is basically concerned with optimising streaming of data. It does a number of things, including algebraic simplification of stateless filters (e.g., FIR, FFT, DCT) and stateful filters (e.g., IIR, feedback loops).
- spuc (http://spuc.sourceforge.net/) a GPL C++ signal processing library

Regards,
Toby