Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB2.0 card question

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB2.0 card question
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:33:36 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Philip Balister wrote:

We have a guy trying get his computer to talk to a USRP. Unfortunately his computer only has USB 1.1 ports. Does anyone have any experience using a cheap USB2.0 card in such a PC? We are thinking of running out and grabbing a card and trying it.

I'm using a Belkin F5U222 USB 2.0 card on my 1 GHz PowerBook G4.
This plugs into a notebook computer card slot - it's NOT a PCI card.
It works fine, I didn't have to install any drivers, I just plugged in and the Mac (with OS X 10.4.3) just recognized it, and it works with the USRP.

It cost about $60.  I ordered it right off the Belkin web page.

It came with a CD with drivers for Windows. I don't know if you'd need them - I didn't have to install any software on the Mac.

Jon Jacky