[Discuss-gnuradio] Update on Ubuntu Installation

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Update on Ubuntu Installation
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:13:59 -0500

Well, *after* the presentation today, I was able to make some progress
with building from CVS under Ubuntu.  (Actually, despite having no demo,
the presentation went very well today -- a crowd of about 50 and there
was significantly more interest than when I've spoken about SDR to this
group in past years).

The bad news is that I still get the same segfault in gnuradio-core
during the checks.

The good news is that by skipping "make check" in gnuradio-core and
going right to "make install", and then building the other directories
one at a time, I got what appears to be a successful installation.  I'm
able to run USRP programs as well as the simple audio tone generator tests.

So, apparently the problem is limited to the check code, and not to the
actual gnuradio code.

John