Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS changes / USRP serial numbers

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS changes / USRP serial numbers
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:20:59 +0100

Eric Blossom wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been hacking away in usrp and gr-usrp.

I've removed a bunch of old cruft that was left over from rev 0 and
rev 1 boards.  Don't worry, none of you have any of these.

I've also added support for serial numbers on the usrp motherboards.
Many, Many, Many thanks for this.

This was one of the things needed for integrating multi_usrp.
I can now continue on my work for creating a maintenance friendly version of
multi_usrp which can be integrated into CVS.

Greetings,
Martin

By default, all existing boards now look they have a serial number of
"00000000".
If you'd like something else, use usrp/host/apps/burn-serial-number.
By default you get something based on the time, though you can set it
to any 8 character ascii string.

You can retrieve the serial number in python using
    u.serial_number()

If you're tracking CVS, please update usrp and gr-usrp.

Have fun!
Eric