[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Tx/Rx with USRP

From: Prateek Dayal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Tx/Rx with USRP
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:03:21 +0545

Hi everyone,

In our group, we are trying to experiment with OFDM and want to setup an OFDM Tx/Rx chain and performs experiments and evaluate several synchronization (timing/frequency) and equalization algorithms.  We finally want to be able to transmit/receive OTA at 2.4 Ghz ISM band.

I saw some stuff from chuck in one of the emails on the list. I also see on the ettus research website that the 2.4 Ghz transciever should be available by now (Q1 2006). We have some question and would be glad to get opinions

1. What daughter boards do we need to build this chain. I think we will need Flex 2400 daugther boards, USRP boards and suitable antennas. Is the Flex 2400 daughter board available ?

2. Later on, we may want to use a DSP kit/ FPGA development board to take the samples from USRP and then do further processing for real time performance. Is this possible ?

Regards
Prateek

--
Prateek Dayal