Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data Rate

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data Rate
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:41:41 -0800

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 08:30:14PM -0800, joe j wrote:
> Hi All,

>  Will the mux setup change the sample rate?

No.  The only thing that effects the sample rate is the decimation or
interpolation rate.

<fine point>
  The bandwidth across the USB is multiplied by the number of channels
  enabled.  The sample rate within a single channel is set by the
  interpolation or decimation rate.
</fine point>

> Also, is the I&Q complex sample rate for each channel,
> 8Mcomplex-S/sec divided by the decimation number?

On receive the complex sample rate is:

    u.converter_rate()/u.decim_rate()

On transmit the complex sample rate is:

    u.converter_rate()/u.interp_rate()