Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pll_refout_cc - finding optimum alpha & beta ??

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pll_refout_cc - finding optimum alpha & beta ??
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:24:23 -0500

Matt Ettus wrote:
It just seeemd strange to me that a very large number, d_freq, which is
bounds limited to between d_min_freq and d_max_freq, is inside a
function trying to limit it's output to between +PI and -PI.

if(100e3 > M_PI)
return(100e3-M_TWOPI)
or 99993.7168...   error can get close to zero, but frequency will
never be less than d_freq_min.

d_freq is not in Hz.  It needs to be in radians per sample, which should
always be less than PI.

Matt

It is irrelevant to the oscillator if the phase angle is between 0 and 2pi or -pi, pi since the transcendental functions will handle either. Having it from -pi, pi is correct in this case because our phase error will be from -pi to pi, or frequency per sample will be from -pi,pi. The original function is correct.

Bob